- A signed Reservation Agreement form along with a non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation request.
- Retreat schedule and room assignments are due to the Assistant Director two weeks prior to the start of your retreat. If you wish us to randomly assign rooms to the people in your group, let us know that when you send us your retreat schedule.
- You must provide a contact name and mobile number for the person in charge during your time at St. Anne’s.
- In Case of an Emergency dial 911.
- For immediate assistance within our facilities, dial 859-446-8611 to reach the Hospitality Minister.
- Office line for the Assistant Director, Karen Little, is 859-441-2003 Office hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm After office hours please contact the Hospitality Minister on duty at 859-446-8611
- Please note: Wi-Fi access is very limited at the Retreat Center. Meeting rooms have Wi-Fi but sleeping rooms generally do not receive a signal. Access passwords in the meeting rooms are available at the front desk.
Heating and Air Conditioning
- Our buildings are 100 years old with temperamental heating systems. Please understand during the winter months it is very difficult to control the heat in many rooms. We advise our guests to dress in layers to be prepared for the fluctuation in room temperatures.
- Our facility does NOT provide central air conditioning. All meeting rooms have air conditioning and only a select number of bedroom suites. All other rooms do not have air conditioning.
- Parking at the Retreat Center is limited; please car pool whenever possible.
- Long term guests please park in the lower lots (except for those with handicap stickers).
- Please do not park in areas marked No Parking, Loading Zone, and Restricted Parking.
- Buses please use lower lots for loading, unloading, and turning around.
- All meeting rooms throughout the Center provide tables, chairs, and limited audio visual equipment. Let us know of your specific A/V needs when confirming your reservation.
- Please use these meeting rooms when gathering in the evening hours, allowing silence in the sleeping areas.
- We ask that all sofas, recliners, and lounge furniture not be moved, rearranged, or taken from the rooms.
- For safety reasons, candles with open flames are not permitted. You may use battery operated candles. Vigil candles enclosed in a container are permitted within chapel space.
- Out of respect to others, please remain silent while passing through hallways and stairwells throughout the day and evening hours.
- All exterior doors are locked from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. High school retreatants must be in the building by 10:00 p.m. Adult retreatants, see your group leader for arrangements to enter the building after 10:00 p.m.
- To maintain nigh time silence, please do not use the elevator after 10:00 p.m.
- Running anywhere within the building is not permissible.
- Please do not affix posters, banners, etc., to the walls or ceilings throughout the Center.
- For health and safety reasons, please wear shoes at all times.
Bedrooms / Baths
- To help ensure a clean and pest-free environment, no one is permitted to bring pillows, blankets, throws or stuffed animals into the Retreat Center. An extra blanket and pillow are available in all bedroom closets.
- Please do not remove any pillows or blankets from the bedrooms.
- Towels, washcloths, bar soap and drinking cups are available in the shower areas.
- Please do not bring any food to the bedrooms.
- Bedrooms do not have air conditioning. (Limited AC rooms are available for group leaders and special needs.)
- If your group is scheduled in the Moye Center, the Sacred Heart Chapel will be the chapel available for your group. If your group is scheduled in the Convent, the Mary, Mother of Mercy Chapel will be the chapel available for your group. Please make note as you plan your retreat schedule.
- The Hospitality Minister will act as sacristan for all services requiring sacred vessels. Please make sure to work with your Hospitality Minister to assure timely set-up.
- A wireless lapel mic is available in both chapels. The Hospitality Minister on duty will help in acquiring the mic and turning on the sound system.
- Please do not move or rearrange any furniture or furnishings within either the Sacred Heart Chapel or the Mary, Mother of Mercy Chapel. We appreciate your cooperation.
Meals and Snacks
- Meal times are as follows: Breakfast 7:30 a.m. • Lunch 12:00 noon • Dinner 5:30 p.m. All meals will be served in the main Dining Room located on the ground floor of the Convent. Please be prompt for all meal times. Meals will be served at the stated time and the Dining Hall will close 45 minutes after the stated serve time.
- Per Health Department Regulations, the kitchen area is restricted to staff members only. No guests are permitted within the kitchen area.
- Food and beverages may be consumed only in assigned areas. In the Moye Center these areas are O’Shaughnessy, Bethany, Cana, and Galilee. In the Convent these areas are the Dining Hall, Agape, Assembly Hall, and the hallway outside Assembly Hall. Snacks may be brought but must be kept in these assigned areas. Please do not take any food or beverages into the bedrooms, solariums, or lounge areas throughout the Center.
- There are no vending machines at our Center.
• The outdoor recreation area is the front lawn of St. Anne’s Convent. Please no ball playing, Frisbee throwing, or other games in any other areas.
Smoking / Drinking / Drugs / Weapons
- There is one designated smoking area. Smoking is permitted outside in the area between the upper and lower parking lots. For your convenience, a receptacle has been provided for cigarette trash. Thank you for not smoking anywhere else on the grounds. Smokeless tobacco is not permitted anywhere.
- Adult groups are permitted to provide wine and beer to retreatants at meals and during recreation times. Please do not bring hard liquor to the Retreat Center. Alcohol is permitted in the same areas as food and other drinks. When Youth Groups are present, discretion is mandatory. Anyone abusing alcohol will be asked to leave the Retreat Center, even if someone else has to drive them. Please be mature in your use of alcohol.
- Illegal drugs are not permitted. We will inform law enforcement immediately upon discovering them.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed.
- Check out is 9:30 am.
- Please place top and bottom sheets, pillow case and towels in the designated containers in the shower rooms. Place bathmats in small laundry basket provided. Place your blanket on the chair. Leave pillow protector and mattress pad on.
- At the end of all retreats, the Hospitality Minister and the representative of the retreat group will participate in a walk-through of the facility. The Hospitality Minister will schedule this with the group representative.
- We would love to hear your feedback. Attached is an Evaluation form. At the end of your stay, please complete the form and give to your Hospitality Minister.